Today's Post

05 March 2009

"the secret to happiness is compromise."

"the secret to happiness is compromise."

i am awed. I've been typing and erasing entries since last night, and finally I got to a more blog-worthy topic at hand. yay. haha

The line above came from an episode of Extreme Bodies from Discovery Channel. It featured Laurie and Reba who are conjoined twins. They are connected through their brain, specifically in their frontal lobes. They've been connected with each other for about 42 years, and they have learned to live with it their whole lives. They live normal lives with completely separate individualities despite their little connection in the head. Amazing, you know? because even with the fact that their brains are conjoined, and at the frontal lobe at that, they have separate personalities, and they have separate neural circuitry. It was tested and shown that they do not share thoughts nor sensation. I am awed by the fact that they still have different personalities, and moreover, by the fact that they live in a very difficult situation, and yet they are perfectly happy and content. Thus, the line, "the secret to happiness is compromise."

"I don't wake up in the morning thinking, 'Oh my goodness, I'm a conjoined twin'. I don't go to bed with the last thing on my mind 'I'm a conjoined twin'. I go to bed wondering if I turned off the stove or if I didn't leave the house with something running that shouldn't be. I'm just a normal person with a little connection with my sister." - Laurie

4 ruffleschmuffled:

Carlo B. Timbol said...

iniimagine ko pa lang na conjoined twin ako e suko na 'ko agad. nice entry

Karen said...

hehehe thanks, Carlo! :) did you watch the video? try watching the video :)

Carlo B. Timbol said...

hindi pa e. alam mo naman, hamak lang ang cable namin. ni walang basketball tv.

unless meron kang dvd/vcd :)

Karen said...

ahhh may short clip online. :) hehe! i linked it. check mo sa entry :p