Today's Post

17 October 2006

he gave me a pat

He was running around the church as i was seated on the floor, patiently waiting for my turn in the confessional. I've seen him before. he was with his mom at that time just as he was a while ago. he has not failed to make me smile just as he did when i first saw him weeks ago. i followed him with my eyes and then he caught me smiling at him. *hihi* he stopped before me and held his hand out, gave me a pat on the shoulder as a nice big smile shaped on his face. i held his hand, said hello, then he smiled back again and went back to running around.

the scenario played back in my mind and wanted to freeze it the moment he smiled and gave me a pat. i wondered, what could have been on his mind for him to do that. his face so innocent that seemed to be troubled with no worries -- i can't be mistaken, he is one blessed and loved child. i see in his eyes and in his smile how much God embraces him every night, and how much he is lulled to sleep by his guardian angel. I see in his mother how much she is strengthened by the Holy Spirit, and how much Our Lady keeps them in her prayers. This woman is blessed with a son with down syndrome --- a child that as if knows nothing but to love.

1 ruffleschmuffled:

Anonymous said...

awww..maybe he wants to play and run around with you :) i bet your smile means a lot to him too :) i think you, too, are blessed for having appreciated his presence :)