Today's Post

08 June 2006

human touch


The day started with a clear state of mind, but as the day unfolded, things weren't coming to a clear picture that i couldn't see through the worth of this day. it was a very tiring day. and my only solace is to think of the things that made me happy throughout the day. the bits and pieces of happy thoughts make way to my consciousness to give me a start as to how i could appreciate the simple yet profound worth of this day. what stands out is that of human touch.

despite the overwhelming heat and long walks i had to take for enrollment (which is yet to be accomplished), a human touch was all i needed to break free from the mental and physical stress i was bombarded with. a simple pat on my back from a friend was more than enough for me to compose myself, to let go of the bad vibes flooding my aura and to bring out a smile on my face while singing the "rubber duckie song". but of course, the cycle must continue, and it is but right that i pass on to others that much needed human touch. before i went home, i was able to share a simple human touch with a kid i encountered along Katipunan Avenue. There was no money involved, just an arm over his shoulder and a friendly conversation, and it became an encounter to remember. and there's no limit as to how many people i can share the magic of human touch with. in a couple of minutes, my dad will be coming home. and what's a better way of welcoming him than with i-missed-you-dad-hug?

as the day comes to an end, i see a clearer picture of what today contributes to the wholeness of my life. i now see the bigger picture. ...and how the world could be a better place to live in if more people learned of the magic of a human touch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rubber Ducky, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!

(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

CHORUS: Every day when I
Make my to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby

(rub-a-dub-a-dubby!)

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.

(repeat chorus)

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of -
Rubber ducky, I'd like a whole pond of -
Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of you!
(doo doo, be doo.)

(http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lavender/313/muppets/duck.html)

0 ruffleschmuffled: