Today's Post

05 June 2009

You've Got Mail

I woke up this morning, and saw that You've Got Mail was on TV.

me: Ooh, I like that movie!
brother: Yeah, me, too. The conflict's interesting; to fall for someone you don't actually like at first.
me: ahh. I like it because they both own a bookstore. :)

It sounded shallow, but wouldn't it be wonderful to own a bookstore? I think that's just the sweetest thing you could own on earth. I could practically live in a bookstore.

In one of their online correspondence:
After Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) was stood up in their supposedly rendezvous.
The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.

When Kathleen Kelly and her boyfriend were about to break up (happily):
Kathleen: You don't love me.
Frank (another guy who's not Tom Hanks): shakes his head no
Kathleen: Me, either.
Frank: You don't love me?
*laughs*
Frank: But we're so right for each other!
Kathleen: I know, I know!

Kathleen: Is there someone else? oh, wait. is that the news anchor lady?
Frank: well, yeah, yeah. I like her, but... what about you? is there someone else?
Kathleen: No, no. but there's a dream of someone else.

Haha. Wouldn't it be lovely if all break-ups were like this? It does seem like a happy break-up, where both realizes they're just not meant for each other. It's like a label on their foreheads that lights up when they hold each other's hand, and it says "mismatched".

0 ruffleschmuffled: