Today's Post

22 March 2008

what once were.

i Woke Up Smiling Today


your thought lulled me to sleep
as an incipient dream comes to mind
like a blanket it kept my reality to rest,
like a magic carpet it took me to my happy place.
i swam through my happy thoughts
as i choose one to embrace for the night
but it came to me without my looking
and it was the perfect one for me to last the fasting.

i painted everything i saw
and captured every pain and bliss
they flew like a bird that cannot fly
as they linger in my gentle grasp

in black and white
it revealed what i ought to say
in the middle of the grayness
it implied what i wanted you to know

everything in its right place
everything happened in perfect timing
as we swim together
through the minutes of the time

it started with your surreptitious glance
and ended with the perfect fitting of our hands
it was all a dream
like a kite that floats in the warmth of the sky
as if having a life of its own
as if threading the river of Reality
until it was tugged beneath
making it glide down gently

with the cold wind beneath
it resists as if to tarry things
but said good bye anyway
to the sweetness of the sky
hoping the dream was just a glimpse
of a far better Reality
that awaits by the stream of the river
my pleasant dream. my sweet Reality.

5april2007

0 ruffleschmuffled: