Today's Post

09 February 2008

sing hymns

when you let your happy thoughts linger long enough, it would stay there for as long as you will it to be.

you whispered a hymn
i knew long before time
i hushed myself to silence
just to make sense out of that hymn.
my heart hesitated to beat
for fear of interfering
but then the tune faded away
as my heart lost its beat
hush my heart...
hush, stop making a sound,
it stopped, and listened
to nothing but deadened silence
sing, it says, sing.
my heart started to hum
until i hear the hymn again
no notes, no melody
but it sang
with harmony.
without certainty
but with clarity.
as if the music would never stop
as if the music would go on and on.
as if on and on, as if on and on
i listen as if it will never stop
and i listen, until on and---
on.





and then it went on
as if it never stopped
but it just did and it was constant
and you never notice
because you sing the song yourself
in your head you hear the song
without notes, without melody
but just harmony.
the song in your head, it stops
but you continue to hear the song
as if on and on,
as if on and on.

until
the beat of your heart
has become the beat of the song

and now it sings
the notes and tune,
the melody,
the song of your heart.
with harmony
you are at peace,
with peace,
you are in harmony.

2 ruffleschmuffled:

Camille said...

Haloo! Grabe, 'di ko talaga makayanan poetry mo. Sabi nga ni Kant, if I try to explain what I feel upon encountering art it's like I'm reducing its essence. So I won't explain na lang. hehe.

Karen said...

hahaha mimi!