Today's Post

02 June 2007

patches

Life's a big puzzle. Each of us, like a puzzle piece, can only fit perfectly in a single place.

in the middle of the dark alley,
i called upon a sweet stranger
he looked back and smiled.
'hello stranger,' i said
it took a while before his smile wore off
oh but his pleasing eyes
you could never forget.
it put me in a daze
i couldn't get myself in perfect consciousness
it was real, and yet felt so surreal.
'why am i here?' i asked myself.
'why are you here?', i asked him
he gave me a downcast look
as if hurt by my question.
perturbed by what happened
i couldn't look at him directly
my heart was beating fast
as i try to look for the right response
but no words came
until i just found myself walking back
leaving the dark alley behind
leaving my sweet stranger alone.
'till our next rendezvous,
i'll be waiting patiently.

Dear Stranger,

i write to you for no significant reason, but just to let a few things off my mind. It wouldn't make much sense to you, but then i'd rather you hear me out, anyways.

the days went by like it has no time to let me think through the day and yet went by as if i had all the time for breathing. they were unfathomable days that i could hardly remember how i got to this day. when i woke up earlier this morning, the sun was unusually orange-r than its usual sweet shade of pale yellow. and i don't know what this means to me, but i'd rather share it anyway because i deem it has an importance in this life-changing days i'm going through.

i looked through a misty glass, and saw the lights in a blur. they were beautiful. it was their beauty hidden in their blinding light.

there's nothing to understand here. just some random thoughts i couldn't quite give meaning to.

always,

grimace

4 ruffleschmuffled:

Anonymous said...

iba ka talaga.

you'll get to put the pieces together someday, karen. :P

Camille said...

I agree, Dino!

Wehehe. Feeling close.

Unknown said...

haha hi dino hi mimi :)

Karen said...

ay. hindi ko nalog out sa kuya ko. anyway hi dino hi mimi