Today's Post

09 September 2006

shadow



i hide behind the shadows of joy
as i try to free myself from grief.
in this darkness i feel the security
from the surreptitious whispers
of the cold wind to my ears.
there's satisfaction from sitting on this corner
even if i am confined in so little place.
this is my haven of security,
my comfort zone,
my home.
But even as i occupy the whole of the space,
it is as empty as my heart is.

I seek for warmth in the midst of darkness
yet it brings me nothing but cold touch.
and the light came upon me,
touched me with such tenderness
and blinded me with so much truth
--- freedom beyond human wisdom.
to be free from this captive gravity
to be free from this chain of comfort and pleasure
and be embraced by truthful struggle and pain.

How could i have missed this?
looking for so much profound disguises,
and decoding the symbols here and beyond,
i failed to see the obvious
in its utmost simplicity.

3 ruffleschmuffled:

Anonymous said...

i love it! ang ganda ng pagkasulat. :)

Karen said...

weheh salamat dino.

Anonymous said...

galing =B