Today's Post

17 January 2010

I am Pro-Life



I think there's no way to say it but straightforwardly. I don't want to fall into the false virtue of human respect, where we sometimes fear of speaking our views just because others don't see it the way we do. I don't want to fall into false humility, wherein our tendency is to please as much people as we can. So here goes...

I am not for abortion, because it's murder, an act of killing a helpless being with the use of mechanical instruments, or through toxins in the form of pills. These abortifacients that are trying to disguise themselves as contraceptive pills are clearly abortifacients to me because it kills life; it stops conception, which is what defines the beginning of life. I am not for artificial contraceptives and condoms because they simply nurture selfish mentality of stopping life.

But when you speak of being pro-life, it's not supposed to end at what you're not for, but it should go beyond and be able to express what you are for. Being pro-life, after all, should be something positive, just as what life should be.

I am for responsible parenthood, wherein married couple agrees that practicality does not necessarily mean aiming for a life of comfort, but having that objective of providing appropriately without compromising one's virtues. I am for freedom and informed choice, where every couple is given all the right information, without bias perspective. I am hopeful that given the right information they will be able to discern the true good, and be able to choose it for themselves. I am for the overall progress of the country, where we are able to have manpower as the greater asset we could have more than the resources that our government officials are merely drowning themselves with. I am for life, a life that is true to what it means to be human; one that is faithful to our human nature.

I believe that the ideal is not very far from what is practical. That with a little self-knowledge, and a lot of self-mastery, the ideal could meet practicality. I believe that to aim for higher virtues should not be restrictive, rather, to live the virtues is to be free from ignorance and foolishness.

2 ruffleschmuffled:

Camille said...

Well said, partner. :)

herb said...

i am pro-life as well! :)