Today's Post

24 December 2007

Missives of a Hopeful Heart

A few months back, my dad was diagnosed to have a liver cancer. He got a liver transplant, and got back home after his one month recovery. Then he got confined again because he was getting dehydrated because of an unstoppable diarrhea. Last week, the doctor said my dad has more or less 2 months to live. It seemed too sudden, but it was not surprising either. Until now, I can hardly believe what he said, because my dad has never had a healthier disposition after he was diagnosed with liver cancer. My dad's home right now, watching Mission Impossible 3. He's out of the hospital just so he could spend Christmas at home, tomorrow we'll be back in the hospital again.

Whatever truth there was on the doctor's news, I'm not wasting any time as I try to cherish every moment I could have with him.

2 ruffleschmuffled:

Kyle said...

hang in there Karen..and be strong.. I know you are.

I'll keep hoping and praying that His grace be with your family..

I'm here, should you guys need anything....

Karen said...

thank you, kyle.. :)