Today's Post

31 December 2007

2007

:) it's been a crazy year, Lord. I could never forget the journey that I had with You. I remember how i welcomed this year with no expectations and no thoughts about the future. I spent the New Year's Eve of 2007 watching the beautiful fireworks in the sky, cherishing the happy moments with my family, and without a thought beyond what's gonna happen the day after. I didn't even think about the coming days when the classes would resume and I'd be back on my academic mode. As each day unfolded, You opened my eyes to a world that's new, You helped me open my arms so I could embrace this whole new life. This year, You showed me a world that's different from the world I've grown to know. It is a whole new world in a kaleidoscope of reality.

Is it a world so much better? Yes. It is a new reality where everything is grounded on Love. To see the world with so much Love, and to live in this world giving love beyond one's capacity.

In all the aspects of my life, You've tested my capacity to give and to love. As I spent sleepless months last semester, faced with failing exams I could hardly accept, You have taught me perseverance and humility. That in any endeavor I wish to pursue, no matter how good it is in itself, it is never worth pursuing if it's not to give You true glory.

As our family went through, and is still going through, our greatest tribulation, You have taught us abandonment and greater faith, that indeed, omnia in bonum, everything for the good. Out of a seemingly unfortunate situation, You've turned it to be a life worth more than just precious stones.

You allowed me to have real friendships with people I knew long before, but had only this chance to know them as really wonderful people. You blessed me with such good people to make me realize that one of life's treasures are hidden among these kinds of people.

You gave me a life so much different from the life I lived, as You allowed me to walk with that one person --- a life not any sweeter, but so much worth living, as we ventured on a path that made us see in each other's perspective. The love that we try to keep in our happy thought box, uncontrollably radiates to the people we love most, and in our everyday dealings which we humbly offer to You.

As the hours slowly close on the year that was, and as I slowly welcome the new year ahead, I look forward to a new journey with You. I look forward to a life that wills to pursue that greater Life, a life to fulfill Your greater plan.

And that all You're asking of us is to simply love, and to love simply.

2 ruffleschmuffled:

Kyle said...

what a year this has been for you, Karen :)

i'm sure you were able to learn lots of things about you, other people, and the world :)

it's all through God's grace.

may you be blessed with a great 2008 :)

Karen said...

haha thank you, kyle :) ikaw rin.. happy new year :)