Today's Post

28 May 2008

Hot Coffee with a friend

one of the nicest things happened to me today. I made friends with a little girl named, Shatria. I was waiting for my mom at Starbucks Katipunan, reading a book and drinking a decaffeinated coffee. This girl looked at me and I smiled at her. Her shirt caught my attention because it had these words on it: "My *heart* belongs to my dad". I assume her dad bought that shirt for her. Her parents were there, too. Shatria would constantly go to my table, then back to their table. At first she'd look at me as if she had a lot of questions to ask. And then the second time, her hand was already on my table. The third time she went back, she helped herself on the chair before me, and touched everything on my table.

"Ano 'to?"
"Coffee. :)"
"Hot?"
"Oo, hot."
"Ano 'to?"
"wallet."
"Ano 'to?"
"tissue"
"Ano 'to?"
"cellphone."

the fourth time she came by, she gave me a used tissue, but she took it back. The fifth time she came by, i knew her name by then, and she was just comfortable sitting right in front of me. We made a hand gesture only friends would do. i thought of something simple so she wouldn't have a hard time remembering how to do it. It went like this: *Appear*. yeah it was that simple, and i'm just glad she got it right away. Then after a while, she had to say goodbye.

"bye bye"
"bye"
"bye bye... bye... bye"
"bye bye!"

She kept saying goodbye several times, as if wanting to stay a little longer. i tell you, it was hard keeping my happiness inside, because i didn't want her to know how much that brief encounter made my day.

Rarr. How could i ever leave for work if I would ever have such an adorable daughter?

Dear God, bless my newfound friend, and keep her safe. Teach her to love and keep her heart clean.

0 ruffleschmuffled: